Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2012

another pizza obsession

Is this getting creepy?  Is it just me? 
I know I have a bit of an obsession for pizza but really just one in particular. . . 
The simple Margarita Pizza.... When you get down to the real thing watch out!! 
What do I mean? I can't tell you how many Sunday night's we've enjoyed that melted, cheesy & saucy mix on perfect dough this spring already. The warmer months provide a nice variety of fresh herbs and tomatoes that send my salivary glads into a bliss you either know or don't and should try very very hard to get to.
Now, PLEASE don't even think about your typical American delivery pizza okay... that would be an insult. I'm talking just a few ingredients, and a nice glass of wine. 


Dough: 

  • water
  • yeast
  • flour
  • salt
  • olive oil

Sauce: 


1 - 8 oz. can pure tomato sauce (no additives, no flavor) *
salt
pepper
olive oil


Use fresh WHOLE milk mozzarella. I use a proper amount because I'm a bit crazy in love.  Drizzle with olive oil, and top with fresh basil. Don't be afraid to add the olive oil. It's fun. 
I also sometimes add oregano but that's optional.
The simpler the better. God food comes from simple whole ingredients.
Normally, I don't have my camera around for this. It's rare because by the time I've gone through the entire process I'm ready to eat and not take photos. This was taken one afternoon recently when on a whim I wanted pizza for lunch. That's why they are so small - they are individual pizza. (click on photo to see in full size)  So that's it. Thanks for stopping by.


*Why tomato in a can? Because ours from the garden aren't ready yet!
Note: chefs prefer San Marzano tomatoes.


So... This is how I like to get into the mood. This guy has some fancy moves. 
It's all in the wrist my dear. Enjoy, and till next time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment